Saturday, August 29, 2009

For Best Internet Radio Sound Try This!



I am an Internet Radio Host Fanatic. For 18 months I endured sound issues in which I sounded like a tiny mouse, too quiet, too tinny, too metallic or too flat. As an X Musician I realized that nothing drives a listening crowd away faster then bad sound equipment. Yes there were radio stations that could assure me that for a hefty payment of over $500.00 a month on THEIR station, my sound would be excellent. Are you kidding? Never in my life have I entertained to pay someone else over $50.00.



MY OFFICE SHELVES WERE LITTERED WITH BOGUS SOUND EQUIPMENT

My office and shelves were littered with bogus sound equipment. Tangled Skype head phones, expensive blue tooths, and even an old style cigar shaped microphone that plugged into the side of my lap top were all sound failures. I REFUSED to allow my self to sound inferior. The quest of perfect AFFORDABLE, SIMPLE equipment for Internet Radio became my obsession.

STEREO SOUND CELL PHONES = "LISTENING", NOT AUDIO



Cell Phones boasting “STEREO SOUND!” were all about listening. Sadly I listened with great expectation to one of my shows using a $135.00 blue tooth. Another waste of money. Stereo Sound is Sound....exactly as it says, NOT VOICE CLARITY.

Cell Phone clerks, sold on the rage of iPods, don't get it

Cell phone clerks had no idea what I meant when I said I needed superior Internet Radio sound. They were quick to describe the many advancements of latest teqie head phones and blue tooths. It was all based around iPods, conversation and music download. The mini movies they showed me were examples of how "BACK GROUND SOUND WAS COMPLETELY CANCELED OUT!" Alas.....that still had NOTHING to do with great tonal Internet radio sound.

Here's the deal. Most Musicians, race car announcers and news reporters carry or wear microphones close to their mouths...not their jaws. This allows their tonal qualities to resonate. Like singers, audio announcers need great tonal sound.


WHAT I NOW USE FOR RADIO SOUND

  • Panasonic - 6.0 model KX-TGA740 - Radio Shack {$90.00 to $135.00}
  • After 18 months of failure this land line phone gives me THE BEST BLOG TALK PHONE FOR SOUND THAT I HAVE BOUGHT!
  • Sound is true and is 100% compatible with Internet Blog Talk Radio.
  • Volume & true vocal tone is awesome.
  • Like a good microphone the softer you talk the better the Internet radio sound.
  • I bought the unlimited phone minutes plan with my phone company.
  • I also have a cell phone plan. I understand the inconvenience of this but my priority is a fun show with great sound.

    PASSION FOR YOUR INTERNET RADIO SHOW = BEST SOUND POSSIBLE
  • Remember! Bad sound loses listeners.
  • A show with quality sound is 100% professional.
  • Your guest appearances should double also.
  • I just bought my 6.0 Panasonic after a year and a half of sound frustration.
  • I listened to other shows and asked what they were using.
  • My expensive Blue Tooths and stereo phones & head sets sucked.
  • Most Skype headphones I bought sucked for Radio Hosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment